M, #78, b. 10 August 1828, d. 25 September 1903
John Logan|b. 10 Aug 1828\nd. 25 Sep 1903|p78.htm|James Logan|b. 1 Jun 1788\nd. 7 Nov 1836|p451.htm|Janet Allan|b. 21 May 1786|p460.htm|James Logan|b. 28 Dec 1757\nd. 19 Aug 1831|p399.htm|Elizabeth Fyfe|b. 12 Oct 1761\nd. 3 Jan 1841|p449.htm|Robert Allan|b. 19 Jan 1755|p458.htm|Ann Walker|b. 12 Mar 1758|p459.htm|
- Charts: Kilbirnie Logan Descendancy Chart, Australian Logan Descendency Chart, Smith Decendant Chart
- Birth*: John Logan was born on 10 August 1828 at Kilbirnie Parish, Ayr, Scotland, .4,5
- Christening: He was christened on 24 August 1828 at Kilbirnie Parish, Ayr, Scotland, .3
- Immigration: He may have arrived in South Australia aboard the 'Lysander' on 20 November 1851.
- Marriage*: He married Martha Smith, daughter of Edward Smith and Mary Dunk, on 22 December 1864 at The dwelling house of Edward Smith, Murray Ranges (near Mount Pleasant), South Australia, Australia, ; They were married by Rev A.R. Phillips and the marriage was witnessed by Edward Smith & Ann Church of near Mount Brown. At the time of his wedding John was said to be an 'overseer on sheep station' and residing at North Rhine.2,6
- Residence*: John Logan resided at Unley, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, ; prior to his death.7
- Death*: He died on 25 September 1903 at Unley, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, , at age 75.7
- Death: He died on 25 September 1905 at Hyde Park, Adelaide, South Australia, at age 77.4,5
- Obituary*: Obituary - John Logan, 25th Sept. Hyde Park, beloved husband of Martha Logan. Aged 75 Late of Keyneton, North Rhyne.5
- Memo*: John was a foreman for one of the big sheep men at Hyde Park. John was said to have always worn a red hankerchief around his neck. Kenneth Filmer saw him twice and remembered that he had big white wiskers and that a cat scratched him which set in blood poisoning. Before John retired he was overseer of Keynes Station, Kenyneton, South Australia. John & Martha attended the Congregational Church North Rhyne (near Keyneton) and in retirement they lived in King William Road, Hyde Park, Adelaide.5
Family: Martha Smith b. 22 September 1847, d. 12 October 1932
- Janet Logan+8 b. 23 Jun 1866, d. 19 Aug 1937
- William Edmund Logan9 b. 25 Aug 1867, d. 16 Oct 1867
- Mary Emily Alice Logan+9 b. 12 Dec 1868, d. 6 Jul 1961
- Margaret Violet Logan+10 b. 16 Jun 1871, d. 5 Apr 1928
- Martha Logan+10 b. 14 May 1873, d. 15 Dec 1930
- Allan John James Joseph Alexander Logan+11 b. 4 Aug 1875, d. 19 Dec 1953
- Wallace Edward Logan+12 b. 3 Jul 1877, d. 23 May 1938
- Nellie Blanche Logan+12 b. 16 Sep 1880, d. 1949
- Hilda Logan+12 b. 19 Dec 1882, d. 21 Dec 1970
- Leslie Bruce Logan12 b. 2 Oct 1884, d. b 8 Sep 1951
- Gwen Logan+12 b. 3 Jan 1896, d. 11 Sep 1987
- [S50] Letter, Joan LOGAN to Mike KIRKE, dated 25 Sep 1994.
- [S58] Copy marriage certificate of John LOGAN (78) and Martha SMITH (79), 22 Dec 1864 "unknown cd."
- [S133] OPR Index "Ba: C115964, So: 1041381.
- [S32] Letter, Lorraine Helen Logan to Mike KIRKE (1), dated May 1994.
- [S30] Letter, Mary Florence (MOLLY) Jago to Mike KIRKE (1), dated 12 Oct 1994, Page 7.
- [S218] Marriage Registrations Index, South Australian Marriages Registrations 1842 to 1916, District: Ang ; Book/Page: 60/374 ; Symbol: S.
- [S221] Death Registrations Index, South Australian Death Registrations 1842 to 1915, District: Ade ; Book: 297 ; Page: 154.
- [S30] Letter, Mary Florence (MOLLY) Jago to Mike KIRKE (1), dated 12 Oct 1994, Page 9.
- [S30] Letter, Mary Florence (MOLLY) Jago to Mike KIRKE (1), dated 12 Oct 1994, Page 10.
- [S30] Letter, Mary Florence (MOLLY) Jago to Mike KIRKE (1), dated 12 Oct 1994, Page 12.
- [S35] Typescript note by Leslie Arthur Logan "Page 2."
- [S30] Letter, Mary Florence (MOLLY) Jago to Mike KIRKE (1), dated 12 Oct 1994, Page 13.